Saturday, October 11, 2008

How to win followers and influence your peeps with Twitter


I've been a bit of a Luddite when it comes to Twitter. Sure, I signed up for a Twitter ID back in April. But that was way, way after folks had been telling me if I wanted to be taken seriously in the high-tech world I needed to be part of the Twittosphere.

So I broke down and spent the morning at a Twitter boot camp organized by the DaVinci Institute.

Thanks to Deb Frey, Michael Sitarzewski and Rob McNealy for pointing out benefits I hadn't noticed before. I promise to tweet more.

But mini-messaging has never appealed to me. I'm one of those people who never got into IM. I use my cell phone to talk with people, not as an SMS portal. Call me antediluvian -- I like big words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

must be working, I saw your Twitter comment and looked at your blog. I added your blog to my Boulder Bloggers list on my blog, boulderreport.typepad.com. Hope you are doing well.